How to do it:
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Prepare a greased and lined square pan, make sure the wax paper is long enough to come over the sides for easier removal.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together Apito Biscuit mix, brown sugar and Bakels Margarine for 30 seconds.
4. Add eggs and continue mixing for 1 minute on medium speed. Scraping sides from time to time.
5. Evenly flatten 3/4 (saving 1/4 as topping) of the dough in a greased and lined pan with floured hands.
6. Add Les Fruits 50% of choice spreading evenly, in this recipe Les Fruits 50% Apple was used.
7. Add 1/4 of the dough on top, the top dough is not enoughto cover the filling entirely. Flatten the dough and cut irregular pieces to cover the filling (similar to a revel bar).
8. Bake at 180ºC for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cool completely in pan prior to removing.
10. Place Diamond Glaze Caramel Toffee in a piping bag and pipe on top of the bars.
11. Slice into squares or triangles and serve.
Yield: 2 – 8” x 8”; 32 triangular slices