How to do it:
1. Mix all the dough ingredients in a spiral mixer for 3 on low speed.
2. Mix further on fast speed for 10 minutes until dough is fully developed.
3. Remove from bowl and bulk ferment for 15 minutes.
4. Scale at 500 grams per piece.
5. French fold and rest for 15 minutes.
6. French fold again, and rest for another 15 minutes.
7. Mold into batard/torpedo shape.
8. Place on tray with wax paper and dry proof for 45 minutes.
9. Score and bake with steam at 250°C for 10 minutes.
10.Open damper after 10 minutes of baking and continue baking it for 30 minutes under 200°C.
1. Make deep and thick slits into the bread without cutting all the way through, about 90% down is good.
2. Rotate the bread 90 degrees and make more cuts, 90% through again, creating little sticks of bread that are held together by the crust at the bottom.
3. Slice the Camembert cheese into thick matchstick and stuff them in between the bread sticks.
4. Drop the cooked bacon bits over the bread, pushing some of them down into the cracks.
5. Combine the butter, chopped parsley, and Apito Garlic paste, then drizzle evenly over the bread.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the top of the bread is crusty.
Yield: 2 round loaves x 500g