How to do it:
1. Prepare the puff pastry. In a spiral mixer, mix all purpose flour, bread flour, salt, and bread improver for 30 seconds on low speed.
2. Add cubed and cold butter. Mix on high speed for 1 minute.
3. Add water and lemon juice. Mix for 3-5 minutes or until dough can be formed but not fully developed. Place inside the chiller and let it rest for 15 minutes.
4. Prepare layering fat. Take out the dough and make a French fold. Place back in the chiller and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Do 3 single folds with 10 minute resting intervals in the chiller.
6. For final sheeting, sheet the dough to 2 mm. Cover with plastic and rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
7. Roll the dough into a log to create more layers. The diameter of the rolled puff pastry should be 1.5 inches. Cut the dough an inch thick. Dust with flour and flatten using a rolling pin. Palce the flattened round dough into a greased cupcake tin or tray.
8. Blind bake for 30 minutes at 200°C. Remove blind baking weight s and brush the tart shell with egg yolk wash. Bake again for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Set aside.
10. Prepare filling. Place Pettina Classic Cheesecake Mix, egg yolk, water, milk and salt in a mixing bowl with a wire whisk attachment. Whisk for 1-2 minutes. Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes or less, do not overbake.
11. Top with powdered sugar before serving.
Yield: 24 tarts
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City