How to do it:
For the Base:
1. Blend Together butter, sugar & pastry mix until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
2. Add egg, water and vanilla mix to smooth stiff dough.
3. Rest for 15 minutes before use. Store in refrigerator for or freezer.
4. Bake at 190C for 20-25 minutes.
For the Filling:
1. Combine eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl, whisk on a hot water bath until
2. Pour in the cream and stir to incorporate. Strain.
3. Mix in lemon juice until incorporated.
For the Topping/Meringue:
1. Combine egg white, cream of tartar, whip until soft peak. Gradually add sugar & whip to stiff peak.
1. Prepare pre-bake tart shell
2. Pour mixture into tart shell bake in the oven at 190C for 45 minutes until set.
3. When set, ice the meringue into the pie filling, slightly dust with confectionary sugar.
4. Bake the meringue in the oven until golden brown or torch the meringue.
Yield: “1 x “8 pie mold
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City