How to do it:
1. Chop Apito Cooking Chocolate into small pieces and melt in a double boiler.
2. When fully melted, spoon the chocolate into the cavities of the chocolate mold up to the rim. Let it sit while you fill the other molds.
3. Invert the mold and shake it in a circular motion to remove most of the excess chocolate, leaving only the walls evenly coated with chocolate.
4. Drain the mold upside down on the wire cake rack while filling the rest of the molds.
5. Scrape the excess chocolate off the top of the molds.
6. Refrigerate the molds until set for about 10 mins.
Soft Ganache Filling:
1. Chop Apito Cooking Chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
2. Place all purpose cream in a saucepan and heat over low heat until bubbles
forms around the edges of the pan.
3. Pour cream into a large bowl and let cool for 1 min.
4. Add the chocolate pieces into the cream. Stir with a rubber spatula until
chocolate pieces have melted. In case some chocolate pieces have not yet
melted, briefly place the bowl of ganache in a bowl of hot water, stirring gently until completely melted.
5. Stir in the butter until melted.
6. Stir in the Bakels Fat Based Creams. Let cool at room temperature.
1. Place the soft ganache in a piping bag and let it sit at room temperature for 30 mins.
2. After 30 mins., remove the chocolate coated molds from the refrigerator
3. Pipe the soft ganache inside the cavities of the chocolate coated molds. The
filling must not reach the top of the chocolate shell. Flatten any peaks that
form. Set aside.
4. To seal the cavities: Re-melt the left over chocolate. Place melted chocolate
in piping bag. Pipe the chocolate over the filling.
5. Tap the back of the molds on the work surface to ensure that all cavities are
6. Scrape the excess chocolate off the top of the molds.
7. Refrigerate the molds until set, about 5 to 10 mins.
8. To release the chocolate from the mold: tap the back of the mold on the work surface then turn it over on the waxed paper.
Yield: 215 pieces x 5 g per flavor (3g chocolate + 2g filling)